How to Start a Portrait Drawing: Basic Analysis of the Head
If you are reading this then most likely you love portrait drawing. But just how do we get started? In this lesson I am going to give you 3 of my favorite MUST HAVE strategies that I have used over the years as a professional artist to keep my drawings from ending up in the ash-heap of failed ones.
WHAT YOU’ll DISCOVER INSIDE
- How to set your intentions at the very beginning and mitigate costly errors along the way
- Secrets the professionals use to get centered using simple observation
- Exactly what to look for at the beginning to increase your success
- The 3 most important things to analyze the model
- The most effective and efficient shapes to use to quickly capture the essence of your model on paper
While this lesson is a bout how to start a portrait drawing effectively my promise to you is that if you follow these simple suggestions at the beginning of the process you’ll simply be amazed at the results of your finished portrait drawings period. All one needs do is develop the discipline to stop, look and analyze a few key things that will take your drawings from an amateur level to more solid believable drawings that you can be proud of.