Market yourself as an Illustrator: Learn to Create Promotional Postcards
If you are an illustrator or someone looking to create a postcard design, this class is for you!
Claire is a multi-published author-illustrator who shares her advice about creating promo(tional) postcards that pop! You’ll learn her tricks to streamline the process. This class is an intermediate level class requiring some knowledge of Photoshop and the ability to create an illustration or obtaining a pre-made image.
Claire even received a book deal because of one of her postcards and she’s excited to share her tips!
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to choose artwork for a postcard and how to pick a postcard size
- How to design the front of a postcard (including bleed, adding a name, etc…)
- The best way to design the back of the postcard (including making your postcard mailbox ready!)
- Methods to choose the best printer
- Approaches to create a mailing list to send postcards to art directors and editor
You’ll be creating:
- A promotional postcard with your artwork on it ready to send to art directors and editors
It’s a good practice as a children’s book illustrator to have promotional postcards ready for events and to mail them to editors and art directors three to four times per year. Postcards are great to send to editorial illustration art directors as well. Editors and art directors collect postcards with art that they think they might be able to use on a future book project. Maybe they will choose you!