Modern Calligraphy for Beginners using a Brush Pen
In this beginner-friendly calligraphy class, we will go through the basic elements of starting a modern calligraphy practice using a brush pen. We will cover the supplies, postures, pressures and strokes needed to form each letter and learn how to write the entire alphabet in a simple modern calligraphy style.
All you need is a brush pen (or 2b pencil) to get started, my recommendations are in the supplies clip.
I provide the worksheet we go through in the class and additional printable material as resources. Then to finish, I give you a simple class activity to round out what you have learnt. I am sure this mindful and rewarding practice will become your much-loved hobby upon completion.
In this class you’ll learn:
- The technique for creating calligraphy-style lettering
- How to practice the Basic Strokes of Modern Calligraphy
- How to use these strokes to form the lowercase alphabet
- How to write a simply elegant uppercase alphabet
- How to connect each letter to form words
By the end of this course:
You will be able to create beautiful writing for all sorts of projects whether it be
- Handwritten quotes for display in the home
- Invitations and stationery
- Birthday and Greeting cards
- Journal titles
- Home Decor
- Blackboard advertisements