Exploring Color in your Illustrations Using a Limited Color Palette Free Download
Exploring Color in your Illustrations Using a Limited Color Palette
In this class, I will show you how I pick colors for my illustrations, and I will tell you why using a limited color palette has helped me to explore my style and how it can do the same for you.
From sketching a simple illustration, to picking a color palette considering key elements in color theory, to gathering inspiration, and to final illustration, we will explore color by learning how to:
- Pick colors that go well together and why these work together
- To think about the relationship about color and mood and how it impacts your work
- Pick a color palette that works and how color can be a staple in one’s personal style
- Using the basics of color composition
- Finding inspiration around you
This class is for beginners who would like to learn more about color and how to use it to explore their own style and to complement it. Some previous drawing knowledge is preferred, but not essential.
For this class, we will create an illustration and we will use the limited color palette method to complement it. Whichever method you choose to use, either analog or digital is ok.. We will use Pinterest to gather some inspiration and references.
This class will help you see color in a more digestible way, and will encourage you to use color in your daily life and to think of it a bit differently!.